Why Christians SHOULD Live To Impress OthersPurpose
It's our mandate as Christians to live the best life we possibly can live. This doesn't mean that we will all be rich, drive luxury cars, and live in big homes. Sure, those things are nice, but they are far from guaranteed or even necessary to live the best life we can live.
This mandate to live our best life as Christians doesn't require perfection, either. It simply means that you pursue a life that models how God says we should live. The key is that we pursue a Godly life and success. We have a responsibility as Christians to pursue success in life.
"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16
We are a light to the world. We need to live a life that others desire. Who would take marriage advice from someone who doesn't have a good marriage or financial advice from someone who is deep in debt? We need to have success in order to draw others to God. Our success attracts others to God because they long for what we have. It's our duty as Christians to show others by the way we live how to have success in life for themselves. You don't have to tell people what to do. They are watching you. Just live it and do so impressively.
When I was younger I was always impressed with the wrong things.
I was impressed with people who wore certain clothes, drove certain cars, went on luxurious vacations, and lived in big houses. As I've gotten older, those things don't impress me anymore. Below is a list of ten things that impress me about people. I think these things will also impress people about you and draw others to desire to live a life like yours.
The TOP TEN LIST of Things That Impress Me
1. Dads involved in their children's school activities (and not just their sports activities).
2. Couples who have been married for more than 20 years who are affectionate to one another and still in love.
3. People exercising and taking care of their bodies.
4. Families who spend time together, just having fun.
5. Someone completing college or any postgraduate education.
6. Someone who pays off their home or car.
7. Someone completing a race...ANY race!
8. A person doing something he/she loves and is good at.
9. Someone happily serving someone in need.
10. People who live out their faith and not just talk about it.
Be impressive and live a life that others desire. As people are drawn to us, they will be drawn to God!